Re: 2.4.44 + ITS 8432 patch segfault in modify_add_values

On 2/21/17, 11:04, "Quanah Gibson-Mount" <quanah@symas.com> wrote:

    --On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:04 PM +0000 Frank Swasey
    <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

    > Years ago, I had code that did that and then I got a version of Net::LDAP
    > that sent null attributes across the wire.  Even back then OpenLDAP was
    > upset by such behavior.  I quickly updated my code to check if (in your
    > case) @eduPersonAffiliation had zero entries and issue a proper
    > $entry->delete('eduPersonAffiliation') call in that case.  I've not had
    > any issues since.  Perhaps, your Net::LDAP module version has changed and
    > it is sending what is being logged across the wire instead of the delete
    > you are expecting.

    Interesting... It would still be good for OpenLDAP to not crash in that
    case, however. ;)

I obviously was not paying enough attention.  I didn't realize OpenLDAP was crashing.  I agree, that shouldn't happen - it should fail the update (IMHO) because null values for attributes are not legal.

 - Frank