Re: 2.4.44 + ITS 8432 patch segfault in modify_add_values

--On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:04 PM +0000 Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

Years ago, I had code that did that and then I got a version of Net::LDAP
that sent null attributes across the wire.  Even back then OpenLDAP was
upset by such behavior.  I quickly updated my code to check if (in your
case) @eduPersonAffiliation had zero entries and issue a proper
$entry->delete('eduPersonAffiliation') call in that case.  I've not had
any issues since.  Perhaps, your Net::LDAP module version has changed and
it is sending what is being logged across the wire instead of the delete
you are expecting.

Interesting... It would still be good for OpenLDAP to not crash in that case, however. ;)

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>