Re: syncrepl skipped entryCSN on openldap-2.4.44 on centos 6

--On Saturday, February 18, 2017 9:57 AM +0800 Daniel Jung <mimianddaniel@gmail.com> wrote:

Do you mean contextCSNs?
No. ContextCSN is up to date. But some entries have old entryCSN compared
to the master.

I haven't been able to track the cause nor see anything in the log to
indicate the problem. However, we have had slapd become non-responsive
due to IO blocking on logging. Could this cause syncrepl to miss
updating the entries?  Has anyone seen this behaviour?

If slapd gets locked up, hard to say what the side effects could be.
Do you have stats+sync logging enabled on all of the systems?
I do have stats and sync enabled.

Well, theoretically slapd shouldn't lose changes, but it's really hard to know the full ramifications/effects in this scenario. You can file an ITS on the issue, for tracking, but it may be some time before it's investigated in depth, as it's not a common scenario. I guess it may be possible to emulate it by using iptables to drop packages from rsyslogd.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>