Re: syncrepl skipped entryCSN on openldap-2.4.44 on centos 6

Daniel Jung wrote:
Hi Quanah,

Speaking of logging, is openldap-3 going to support udp based logging? I saw
while back that there is improved? syslog code that we can compile in the src.
I was thinking of just adding udp into that code and test it out.

I have no plans to add UDP support. Could be done, but what's the benefit?

If you want to add it, feel free to submit a patch.

On Feb 18, 2017 09:57, "Daniel Jung" <mimianddaniel@gmail.com
<mailto:mimianddaniel@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Feb 18, 2017 05:41, "Quanah Gibson-Mount" <quanah@symas.com
    <mailto:quanah@symas.com>> wrote:

    > --On Friday, February 17, 2017 5:46 PM +0800 Daniel Jung
    <mimianddaniel@gmail.com <mailto:mimianddaniel@gmail.com>> wrote:

    >> Hi,
    >>

    >> I see that some entryCSN have not been synced properly with the
    >> provider.
    >> I run multimaster setup and with several slaves and sometimes i see that
    >> some slaves have old entryCSNs and I am syncing them manually with -c
    >> option.
    >

    > Do you mean contextCSNs?
    No. ContextCSN is up to date. But some entries have old entryCSN compared
    to the master.

    >> I haven't been able to track the cause nor see anything in the log to
    >> indicate the problem. However, we have had slapd become non-responsive
    >> due to IO blocking on logging. Could this cause syncrepl to miss updating
    >> the entries?  Has anyone seen this behaviour?
    >

    > If slapd gets locked up, hard to say what the side effects could be.  Do
    you have stats+sync logging enabled on all of the systems?
    I do have stats and sync enabled.

--
  -- Howard Chu