Re: syncrepl skipped entryCSN on openldap-2.4.44 on centos 6

Hi Quanah,

Speaking of logging, is openldap-3 going to support udp based logging? I saw while back that there is improved? syslog code that we can compile in the src. I was thinking of just adding udp into that code and test it out.

On Feb 18, 2017 09:57, "Daniel Jung" <mimianddaniel@gmail.com> wrote:

On Feb 18, 2017 05:41, "Quanah Gibson-Mount" <quanah@symas.com> wrote:

> --On Friday, February 17, 2017 5:46 PM +0800 Daniel Jung <mimianddaniel@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>

>> I see that some entryCSN have not been synced properly with the
>> provider.
>> I run multimaster setup and with several slaves and sometimes i see that
>> some slaves have old entryCSNs and I am syncing them manually with -c
>> option.
>

> Do you mean contextCSNs?
No. ContextCSN is up to date. But some entries have old entryCSN compared to the master.

>> I haven't been able to track the cause nor see anything in the log to
>> indicate the problem. However, we have had slapd become non-responsive
>> due to IO blocking on logging. Could this cause syncrepl to miss updating
>> the entries?  Has anyone seen this behaviour?
>

> If slapd gets locked up, hard to say what the side effects could be.  Do you have stats+sync logging enabled on all of the systems?
I do have stats and sync enabled.