Re: Antw: Re: Script for mass updates

Am Montag, 06. Februar 2017 08:34 CET, "Ulrich Windl" <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> schrieb:

> Why not? That's the "dirty" part of the quick response: People may be started
> quickly, but have to fix the dirty details if they are affected.

I strongly disagree (note: this is not a comment on the script posted but a
general remark). Your standpoit assumes that the person asking for a solution is
able to judge the quality/completeness/bugs /corner cases of the solution provided
before running the script. But a person with such knowlege would never need to ask
for such a solution. And "if they are affected" might translate into "once they've lost
valuable data".

> BTW: If ldapsearch had the same option that slapcat has, namely
> "ldif-wrap={no|<n>}", the simple script could work.

It does have such an option.

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes