Re: Script for mass updates

On 2/2/2017 8:11 πμ, Jephte Clain wrote:

just a little follow-up:

- this is quick and dirty. it assumes cn is monovalued which may not be true in your DIT - I assume you just wanted a quick script for a oneshot. if you want a script that you can regularly run to "fix" your database, you should take the time to properly write one with perl, python or whatever

Thank you very much for your time and effort!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I couldn't find time to even respond!

The script will do the job just fine!

However, due to the urgency of the situation, I was already obliged to manually change most of the values I needed. :-(

In the aftermath of this situation, I am also preparing a quick-n-dirty php script for such cases. I might post it here as well, for your reference.

The thing is that quick-n-dirty coded procedures may not be so quick in the end. One needs to prepare, customize and test sufficiently before they are used on the DIT, otherwise unpleasant surprises may occur!

This becomes even more time-consuming if one is not regularly working on programming.

All the best,
Nick