Re: Script for mass updates

Am Mittwoch, 01. Februar 2017 19:21 CET, Jephte Clain <jephte.clain@univ-reunion.fr> schrieb:

> hello,
>
> he asked for a quick and dirty way with bash, so that's what I gave him.

Sorry, but the OP did _not_ ask for a "quick and dirty" solution, he asked for an
existing script. "Quick and dirty" is not what you want as a system administrator.

> however, I'm curious: can you give me an example of input my script can't
> handle?

Yes, of course.
- It will fail as soon as the value of the cn attribute doesn't fit in a single
  line (happens more often than you might expect).
- It wil fail for entries with more than one cn attribute, generating more
  than one displayName attribute per entry.

Cheers, Ralf Mattes