Syncrepl refreshAndPersist provider reboot

Hello,

today, in a simple setup consisting of one provider and 2 syncrepl consumers [openldap-2.4.40-9 on CentOS Linux 7.2, cn=config, mdb backend, refreshAndPersist mode], I noticed that after the provider reboot (the ESX it ran on had some kind of maintenance) :

- slapd service was running dans correctly responding (ldapsearch...) on the 3 servers

- replication wasn't working anymore (ldapmodify on the provider not sync'ed on the consumers)

Rebooting the consumers seemed to fix the problem.

Is this a normal behavior providing I'm using refreshAndPersist mode ? I mean do we have to restart the consumers each time the provider restarts ?

Thanks

--
Thomas HUMMEL