How to add index for "member" of ldap groups

Hi @All,

i'am currently searching for a possibility to add an index in openldap (cn=config backend) for the "member" of groups.

In my log i got the following message:

 > 475 admin slapd: <= bdb_equality_candidates: (member) not indexed

I found, that "member" is an attribute from an ldap group.

> # Entry 1: cn=bind_users,ou=admins,ou=groups,dc=company,dc=de
> dn: cn=bind_users,ou=admins,ou=groups,dc=company,dc=de
> cn: bind_users
> member: cn=apachebind,ou=apache_technical,ou=users,dc=company,dc=de
> member: cn=wordpressbind1,ou=wordpress_bind,ou=users,dc=company,dc=de
> objectclass: groupOfNames
> objectclass: top

How could i add an index for this attribute?

I searched with google and found:

https://wiki.debian.org/LDAP/OpenLDAPSetup
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/slapdconf2.html
and so on...

With this information i already added indices for

> # Entry 1: olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
> dn: olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
> objectclass: olcDatabaseConfig
> objectclass: olcHdbConfig
> olcdbindex: objectClass eq
> olcdbindex: cn pres,sub,eq
> olcdbindex: sn pres,sub,eq
> olcdbindex: uid pres,sub,eq
> olcdbindex: displayName pres,sub,eq
> olcdbindex: default sub
> olcdbindex: uidNumber eq
> olcdbindex: gidNumber eq
> olcdbindex: mail,givenName eq,subinitial
> olcdbindex: dc eq

If i try to add a new index "olcdbindex: member pres,sub,eq"

i got an failure

	Could not perform ldap_modify operation.
	LDAP said:	Other (e.g., implementation specific) error
	Error number:	0x50 (LDAP_OTHER)

Is anyone able to give me a hint, where i could find more information or help me to find the right search key words?

--

Gruß/Kind regards

 Axel