Re: use proprietary password hash in "userpassword"

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:28 PM +0100 Meike Stone
<meike.stone@googlemail.com> wrote:

I don't have to recompile the whole openldap, compiling the module is
sufficient?

(1) we think about a subscription from symas ...

Correct.  Any distributor (symas included) should include a development
package that allows the ability to rebuild a module without rebuilding
everything.

Ah, ok - it works  :-D
If I use a own compiled module and I bought a gold subscription, does
Symas still give full support?

Hi Meike,

Most often the answer is yes.  You would need to work out those details in
full as part of the contractual process.  You would need to recompile your
module against the Symas devel package, as some of the internal structs are
larger in the Symas OpenLDAP build.

We're talking about password modules here, and the point of this thread is that password modules aren't dependent at all on any slapd-internal structure definitions.

--
  -- Howard Chu