Re: organizationIdentifier ATTRIBUTE mapping

Thanks a lot Michael.
The organizationIdentifier attribute would become very used in the very recent future, for PKIs implementation in Europe.
Qualified CA would use thtat attribute for legal person certificate.
In the ETSI documents, it would be something like organizationName, but different from it.
Teoretically would be something of more distinctive for the organization, i.e. the VAT number with the county code.
By this, I think it could not be such an internal definition for a company.
Thanks again for your kind answer

Il Lunedì 23 Gennaio 2017 10:05, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> ha scritto:

Francesco Sordi wrote:
> Unfortunately ITU did not clarify if this attribute is part of a new class (i.e. legal
> person) or if it is an attribute for the organization objectclass or another one.
> I would like to find an exixsting implementation, after all this attribute has been
> "invented" in 2008.

I look at a lot of different LDAP schema definitions. Until you brought up this I never
saw 'organizationIdentifier' in a LDAP schema. So you probably have to use it in your own
custom object class. Note that LDAP RFCs (e.g. RFC 4524) have X.501(1993) as normative