Re: openldap slowness after restoration

--On Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:43 PM +0530 PRATIK SINGAL <pratik.singal13@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,

After performing restoration the openldap server is performing slow.

openldap 2.4.40 with bdb.

Can any one suggest me on what to check which might cause the slowness.

Using bdb will certainly cause slowness. I would note that to tune BDB is generally a dark art. You would be better served running a current version of OpenLDAP and using the back-mdb backend, which does not require fine tuning to be performant. Overall, you do not provide any of the necessary information to really provide any type of useful information on how to proceed. What does "slowness" even mean? I.e., how are you measuring "slowness" and where/how are you seeing it? Have you set up a DB_CONFIG file for BDB that is appropriate for your deployment? Have you tuned the various bits in slapd that's necessary on top of DB_CONFIG to correctly run a system with a BDB based backend? etc.

Regards,
Quanah

Product Architect
Symas Corporation