Re: use proprietary password hash in "userpassword"

On 19Jan17 12:25+0100, Meike Stone wrote:
> we like to migrate an a user database from SQL to LDAP and need to
> take over the user passwords.
> Problem is, the passwords are hashed by an known but proprietary algorithm.
> Is there a possibility, to write an small external binary, that is
> used by slapd to validate these passwords? (Maybe, we import that in a
> own attribute?)
> After password change, we want write a ssha hash, so that we can
> disable this external binary...
>
> Write a openldap modul like pw-sha2 is not the first choice, because
> we need to compile the openldap after each update on our own and that
> prevents us to use the distribution packages.

Maybe pass-through authentication [1] helps you. But then you'll have to
find a solution how your passwords are checked via sasl. If you already
have an integration into pam, that could solve your problem.

  1: http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/security.html

Cheers,
--
Bastian Tweddell               Juelich Supercomputing Centre
phone: +49 (2461) 61-6586          HPC in Neuroscience

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt