Re: OpenLDAP userpassword instead SambaNTPassword

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 10:23:29PM +0800, Tian Zhiying wrote:
I just intergrated OpenLDAP and Samba service, the prupose is to allow users
can use one account and password to login them.

But after I change the password from " Self Service Password ", only
userpassword has changed, SambaNTPassword has not changed.

Look into the smbk5pwd overlay, found in the contrib directory of OpenLDAP.

Note that having it work properly requires that your password changer issue a Password Modify operation, like ldappassword does, and not just write directly to userPassword.