Re: ppolicy overlay and MMR experiencing frequent delta-sync lost issue

--On Monday, January 09, 2017 9:53 AM -0500 Beth Halsema <bhalsema@purdue.edu> wrote:

We have submitted OpenLDAP-ITS #8561 with a unit test and a possible
patch to the ppolicy overlay.

If anyone else has run into this, we would be interested in any other
work- arounds that have been used to address the issue.

Hi Beth,

I'm guessing that ppolicy is writing items that are not supposed to be replicated to the accesslog. This issue (ITS8561) and ITS8444 I think are generally similar items, in that while the accesslog is writing all write operations, replication requires that some write operations not be present in the accesslog. I'll be discussing with the other team members on how best to handle what are somewhat conflicting requirements.

Regards,
Quanah

Product Architect
Symas Corporation