mdb_stat question

I have noticed that the mdb_stat (-e parameter) now shows the number of pages used, so I can use that instead of running a du and compare it to the Max pages value to see how "full" the data.mdb has become.

We use nagios to monitor such things... is there a frequency of running mdb_stat that would be too frequent and could cause issues with a moderately loaded (handling 14 million operations per day) ldap server?

Should I have nagios not perform the mdb_stat check more frequently than some recommended amount of time?

Thanks,
  Frank