Re: n-way multi master and mirror mode

On 12/03/2016 05:31 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Saturday, December 03, 2016 4:53 PM -0500 brendan kearney <bpk678@gmail.com> wrote:

so is it intended to indicate or dictate active vs standby status?  I
would want to maintain active/active status for load sharing.  I am also
not using a load balancer, and rely on SRV records or configs to share
load.

any ideas why I am seeing deferred operations, otherwise?

That's generally normal. Unless you are seeing them be deferred for a significant amount of time, I wouldn't worry about it.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>

the oldest log in my database is from Nov 15 @ 20:32. Since then there are 29,508 messages that contain "conn=xxxx deferring operation:". so thats about 10k messages per week. keep in mind that me, and my one user, dont generate a lot of traffic. i suspect that the deferred operations are due to interactions between bind-dyndb-ldap and openldap, as i previously ran in log level stats and correlated a connection to the messages.

i have about 12 or so dhcp devices, and dhcp will perform ddns updates to bind when it hands out an address. because bind users ldap as the data store for zone data, the commit of the ddns update happens in ldap. bind-dyndb-ldap uses replication mechanisms to write the data to ldap.

where do i chase down the source of roughly 10k messages a week, given that this is my home network? do i have a bottleneck in ldap? is bind-dyndb-ldap pounding on ldap for some unknown reason? i dont believe this to an appropriate amount of logs for what seems to be a low volume network.

thanks for the input,

brendan