replicate cn=config with exception of "ACLs"

Hello,

at the moment we're using master<->slave setup with slapd 2.4.31 using
old slapd.conf. I want to migrate all to "cn=config" and if possible
replicate cn=config DB to slaves for sake maintenance simplicity, but
with exception ofr ACLs rules, because master and slaves have
different ACLs.
Is it possible, or ist it a good idea in general?
The plus of slapd.conf was that I can deploy the same ACL file on all
slaves with some automation (e.g. puppet).

Thanks,
Stan