[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Repairing a lmdb database
- To: Howard Chu <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Repairing a lmdb database
- From: Tim Uckun <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 10:58:38 +1300
- Cc: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc; bh=nvKDWcoVl6kwUUFNHQw8HT7j286wtzW+vmkhSlVfIjg=; b=wLqZR2soOKKAUsTyaH/9Zqka1Wz3PorScKkA2d316qpagCVUdD/ya8qSLh+s3uO8kH WP9FUnaFuClF/5UWvvyCbXevPqctNvdB40BGUTaxwylH08oiwbf/GtF5WWl/V5VGTDYf D7Lzo7IXfPz5DtwqmWUerOdNLNUS3nSRryBc2rNcXbAAPDSpeayw0QatunFGR3zF5ZBH WIlNmmRu4v28bESAqK8Gi3baVS1qxZsoLWwzd82c9t1MZiBV4CRHzIYxbXAy799XQTIz G/691Wjx1P2BMHs4idZ3FAlE+dU0qrSi6LlYqsdWGNmPz1YFFXN+i7tXYz2KRRT0ktZE ZasQ==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <CAGuHJrNykMX0qoBdvfQ5fgS=qVGssCHKg_5Aq1sQT7M898OrNg@mail.gmail.com> <WMemail@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The language is Crystal which is still a very young language. It does not have threading at this time so there should be no issues with mutexes. While writing the code I never opened up a database but did repeatedly open up the environment and if the app ran into an error while coding didn't properly close the environment.
Howard while I have you on the line....
The documentation says to be very careful about closing databases and says it's not normally necessary. I am going to omit those calls from my wrapper. Is this OK? I will probably omit a bunch of other calls too at least from the first release but I want to make sure I don't omit anything crucial.