Re: reusing transactions in LMDB

Tim Uckun wrote:
Another question regarding my wrapper for lmdb.

The comments say it's possible to reuse read only transactions but says
nothing about reusing the read write transactions.  Does this mean every write
operation needs a fresh transaction?

No. You can perform multiple write operations in a single transaction.

Is there any downsides to not
implementing the reuse functions for the wrapper?

There is a performance gain from reusing read transactions.

I figure the use case is
quite limited and frankly I would have to manage all the transaction pointers
to make sure they were being used property.

Also I noticed that every call to mdb_txn_id returns 1 even for different
transactions.  Is this normal?

http://lmdb.tech/doc/group__internal.html#a26512036328af11cdaeb6c9880859290

Thanks.

--