[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Pverlay development documentation
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Pverlay development documentation
- From: Howard Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 22:21:44 +0000
- In-reply-to: <WMemail@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <WMemail@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0 SeaMonkey/2.46a2
Geoff Swan wrote:
I have a need to write an overlay (openldap-2.4.44) and wondered if
there was any documentation for overlay development?
I have examined the sources in contrib/slapd-modules/ and was hoping to
locate something a bit more descriptive and maybe any must-do's and
gotchas for development.
From a development environment perspective, is it advisable to use the
contrib/slapd-modules/ as a build location, using a Makefile based on
one of the existing overlays and also the non-exposed header files (eg
"portable.h") or not?
Makes no difference. Do whatever's convenient for you.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/