[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: slapd-meta
- From: Fr3ddie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 23:38:27 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=aruba.it; s=a1; t=1478558308; bh=TnUG4KHT/z+pbfsWru+f816REVcnUq6ltnUpNVea88E=; h=Subject:To:From:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=ZD+vDRjIVA0HVK0/iAB7P4hJDQuVyKw2r8xQSq2l02nFx/VI8Svb7IAYeUv5vr/vH 0VLnSU2RvJHVbmjspfpWcm1DykDIWruajNIyzPZ1cK68dUi2UY6+UlJr0YkYbeclA1 WlczvXJGflJdUD+ztAlGetUuCrQDC5poVDYhCt4EZhFlqreQ0ZzTa9N/NlXl2d6e4Z N4zBK3PC7x2w+wKqNVfYAfN+aw2KKIuqYr0xyY2aaK2OpqFIiTzuhc5SyEe0EqcGmD S7URHeJJhaKLujd77pbCyBrMyyIh9hbKqqrIFGMfa48XAy83nn6BbViehJA+X5iDe6 yhSNJZP8HaAsw==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Organization: fr3ddie.it
- References: <5641CFB9.firstname.lastname@example.org> <564B6A78.email@example.com> <B86DF74A3A67FB202276375E@[192.168.1.9]> <56D5DE23.firstname.lastname@example.org> <17B77E63A550B0A71E0A961C@[192.168.1.9]> <56E13B1E.email@example.com> <56E17A94.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Fr3ddie's Thunderbird on Linux
Il 14/07/2016 14:57, Dirk Kastens ha scritto:
does the admin account exist on the meta directory server and does it
have the correct access rights?
ldapsearch -D "cn=admin,dc=server1,dc=xxxx" -w XXXXXXX -p 389 -h
ldap.server0.xxxx -b "ou=users,dc=server1,dc=xxxx" -s sub "(uid=john)"
first of all I'm sorry for the delay but I'm following this activity for
a non-profit org in my spare time, so I need a lot of time to make all
the tests and report the results without breaking their systems.
Your suggestion was correct, I needed to insert a valid RootDN/RootPW in
the meta-DB to make it work. Surprisingly, the server did not give me an
authentication error (this is why I could not understand where my
mistake was residing), but after that it worked.
Now the problem has moved toward a different issue...
As I said in my previous posts, my idea was to put a meta-DB next to the
actual hdb DB on the "dc=loc0,dc=root" slapd but, as far as I can
understand, this is not possible or, at least, I was not able to find a
I tried to create a meta DB at the root of the DIT ("dc=root") and then
to "mount" the local hdb subtree (simply creating the
"dc=local0,dc=root" physical hdb) and the remote sub-trees under that;
then I tried to do the opposite, creating an actual
"(dc=local0,)dc=root" hdb and then "mount" the remote sub-trees using
None of them worked, I have always got an error stating that the
"dc=root" base-DN already exists (I don't remember the exact error) when
going to "step 2".
Thus, from what I can understand, it is not possible to perform what I
need. A possible solution could be to create a couple more servers just
for the purpose to run the slapd-meta DB, "mounting" all of the four
actual hdbs exposed by the other servers, and exposing these
meta-servers to the clients.
Are my discoveries correct? Is the last approach feasible/correct? Am I
Thank you again for your and the rest of the mailing list people