Antw: Re: delta-synrepl consumer randomly delete objects

Nachricht <581B59C7.7040904@raffaelsahli.com>:

> On 11/03/2016 04:02 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> --On Thursday, November 03, 2016 1:16 PM +0100 Raffael Sahli
>> <public@raffaelsahli.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have no clue what changed that we have now such problems.
>>> What else is related to (delta)-syncrepl? time?
>>> Could it be wrong/strange slapd configurations? (acl, limits,
>>> syncrepl,...) But actually not much changed and the sync does work for
>>> some time...
>>
>> "time" must be in sync between all nodes, that's well documented.
> Yeah, time is in sync between all server. Always was.
>

>> If your pulling down an empty replica from a master, then that is not
>> using delta-sycnrepl at all.  I've never had luck with doing that.  I
>> only do a slapcat from the master then slapadd to the replica, and
>> start from there.
>>

> Was never a problem in my openldap history :), but aight I will check it
> via slapcat but I'm pretty sure thats not the point.

Shouldn't it also work if you slapadd an outdated "root object" to the database (so that it's not completely empty)? I really don't know whether a completely empty database is different; I guess if you can do that using LDAP commands, it should be a valid starting configuration for syncrepl (or whatever sync mechanism).

Ulrich