[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Public LDAP server, what do I need to know?
- To: Quanah Gibson-Mount <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Public LDAP server, what do I need to know?
- From: John Lewis <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 01:01:25 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=subject:to:references:from:message-id:date:user-agent:mime-version :in-reply-to:content-transfer-encoding; bh=NdWNEX30gutjm96gbexEap9yMQDq+gnFpK/MeXwnqic=; b=kVLyhTZAJfvFPTdExTKQhMgWl0IKRlw1M38pi0Hc7LU54pIj/IVe3j01sHffy0SoSZ NiA55A4Bw2xGtCRcquBv1yHM9G8Fq3nvieSvl2YMbZR8hpB91dvi1GA392g9a15bEBkt HdNTqdGCIN13l/sAuyKMc3DEB/yrM08Fmz4vak7Fzj7UIVd4EzXEJ9d5OuoMyopwv6oe 6gcVZWQDTM50X6oCkqFmelBXybwVEfGI/uN7UL0CZ3wGCck8pSOZ90JCLqByVHgomA11 uNxFmh2kOXX254Cn0PhnbXR2lUjIAXxVurVEPomgqeFWPiEQe6jfI49nIQBwYlHDFilY mzHg==
- In-reply-to: <D0548FE45032CAAA72E7CE2A@[192.168.1.19]>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <WMemail@example.com> <D0548FE45032CAAA72E7CE2A@[192.168.1.19]>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Icedove/45.4.0
On 10/17/2016 11:43 AM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Sunday, October 16, 2016 3:29 PM -0400 John Lewis
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I want to host a LDAP server that contains a directory that contains the
>> offices of local Representatives and Public Servants, the issues they
>> are responsible for, and their names. I would like anyone who wants to
>> to browse it or put up front ends.
>> Is there anything in particular that I should keep in mind?
> Keep your tree as flat as possible, as deep as necessary, is the
> guiding wisdom. ;)
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Product Architect
> Symas Corporation
> Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP solutions powered by OpenLDAP:
As a follow-up, is there a current list of public LDAP servers on the
Internet I can query so I can potentially pick up more nuances? I found
http://www.emailman.com/ldap/public.html. I also found
http://www.keutel.de/directory/public_ldap_servers.html, but it was
lasted updated in 2003.