Re: Syncrepl only partially working

On 10/29/2016 03:45 AM, Dieter Klünter wrote:

Note that there is a hard coded limit to 500 operations. If you have
more than 500 entries, syncrepl only recieves a limited set of entries.
Read slapd-config(5) on limits.

-Dieter

I feel this is somewhat contradictory with the admin guide:

"The content of the syncrepl replica is defined using a search specification as its result set. The consumer slapd will send search requests to the provider slapd according to the search specification. The search specification includes searchbase, scope, filter, attrs, attrsonly, sizelimit, and timelimit parameters as in the normal search specification. The searchbase parameter has no default value and must always be specified. The scope defaults to sub, the filter defaults to (objectclass=*), attrs defaults to "*,+" to replicate all user and operational attributes, andattrsonly is unset by default. Both sizelimit and timelimit default to "unlimited", and only positive integers or "unlimited" may be specified."

It specifies that the sizelimit and timelimit defaults to unlimited. I understand that you are pointing out a hard limit on the provider side so it doesn't matter that the search is unlimited from the consumer's side, it's just a first glance it seems that the search will be unlimited.

Either way, I change both provider and consumer databases to unlimited and
I'm still not getting all the database entries from my provider.

dn: olcDatabase={1}mdb,cn=config
objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
objectClass: olcMdbConfig
olcDatabase: {1}mdb
olcDbDirectory: /var/lib/ldap
olcSuffix: dc=harmonywave,dc=com
olcAccess: {0}to attrs=userPassword,shadowLastChange,krbPrincipalKey by self
  write by anonymous auth by dn="cn=admin,dc=harmonywave,dc=com" write by *
 none
olcAccess: {1}to dn.base="" by * read
olcAccess: {2}to * by * read
olcLastMod: TRUE
olcRootDN: cn=admin,dc=harmonywave,dc=com
olcRootPW:: e1NTSEF9dUhDcE1jUUJoWlpuc0twRHBNQkVCUGtmTFA5SC9EYUU=
olcDbCheckpoint: 512 30
olcDbMaxSize: 1073741824
structuralObjectClass: olcMdbConfig
entryUUID: caa04334-6857-1035-9fbb-dd6671002504
creatorsName: cn=admin,cn=config
createTimestamp: 20160215174631Z
olcSecurity: tls=128
olcDbIndex: cn,uid eq
olcDbIndex: entryCSN eq
olcDbIndex: entryUUID eq
olcDbIndex: krbPrincipalName eq,pres,sub
olcDbIndex: member,memberUid eq
olcDbIndex: objectClass eq
olcDbIndex: sudoHost eq
olcDbIndex: sudoUser eq
olcDbIndex: uidNumber,gidNumber eq
olcSizeLimit: unlimited
olcTimeLimit: unlimited
entryCSN: 20161029184934.818117Z#000000#000#000000
modifiersName: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth
modifyTimestamp: 20161029184934Z