Re: Provider-Consumer replication 2.4 OLC (second attempt)

--On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 11:34 AM -0400 Ted Hyde <laserted@gmail.com> wrote:

Greets - (first post, second time. Don't know if it's being moderated or
dropped, will keep trying).

It ended up in my spam folder for some reason.

After installation, I have two functioning standalone servers. During my
research, I found two conflicting pieces of information. I prefer to
perform "refreshOnly" instead of "refreshAndPersist", so some sources say
ONLY the consumers need configuration, a couple said both sides need
configuration AND a number of additional indices. This is likely where my
problems arise.

I strongly advise only using refreshAndPersist. I'm not sure why you are referring to random how-not-to-do things on the interweb. You should use the OpenLDAP admin guide:

<http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html>

Any thoughts?

Read the admin guide, as noted above. The examples are still slapd.conf, but you can trivially translate those to what are necessary for cn=config.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>