[Date Prev][Date Next]
Syncrepl and missing entries
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Syncrepl and missing entries
- From: Thomas Hummel <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 16:48:00 +0200
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:XXVDYRPE9wZZA2sG+3El6mtUPXoX/o7sNwtQ0KIMzox0KPjyrarrMEGX3/hxlliBBdydsKMezbCL+P+wEUU7or+5+EgYd5JNUxJXwe43pCcHRPC/NEvgMfTxZDY7FskRHHVs/nW8LFQHUJ2mPw6anHS+4HYoFwnlMkItf6KuS9SU1Zn8iLD60qaQSj0AvCC6b7J2IUf+hiTqne5Sv7FfLL0swADCuHpCdrce72ppIVWOg0S0vZ/or9YwuxhX7vU5+shEXaziOrg1RrxeDT8vN0gy/MDtsRXKVU2I/HRPfH8Rl090Aw/A5Qqyfor0tyb+/r5h2C6fNNawTa0xXDmmx79iUwPllT1BOSRvozKfsdB5kK8O+EHpnBd42YOBOIw=
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Icedove/45.2.0
I'm planning a migration from openldap-2.4.35 (FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p12)
to openldap-2.4.40 (CentOS 7).
On BSD, I have 3 slapd.conf/hdb servers : one provider and 2 consumers
(classical syncprov overlay / syncrepl refreshAndPersist setup).
On linux, I've set up 3 new cn=config/lmdb servers in a simliar manner.
For a smooth migration, I also configured syncrepl on the linux provider
so that it is also a consumer of the BSD provider.
So this is a simple BSD provider -> linux provider-and-consumer -> linux
consumer chain, not a multi-master setup.
Everything worked fine and I could indeed check that modifying, say an
attribute of my dn, on the FreeBSD provider was replicated to the BSD
consumers, the Linux provider and then the Linux consumers.
Unfortunately, I noticed that, after a while (at least it seems that it
occurred after a while, I'd swear the entry was there from the start),
the sssd entry (cn=sssd,ou=ldap,dc=pasteur,dc=fr) - used by sssd to bind
- was missing on the Linux provider-and-consumer. That in itself may be
an mystery I must figure out.
But more important, I noticed that this entry would not be replicated
although it IS present on the BSD provider, even after slapd restarts.
Only if I remove the database files and restart from scratch get all the
entries - including this one - get replicated from the BSD provider to
the linux provider-consumer.
Is my setup only supposed to work ?
Is the difference of slapd versions a problem ?
Is the fact that both providers manage the same rootDSE a problem ?