[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: OpenLDAP server attack surface analysis shows UDP port 63515 in unknown state
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: OpenLDAP server attack surface analysis shows UDP port 63515 in unknown state
- From: Dieter Klünter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 19:50:54 +0200
- In-reply-to: <57EE44B3.email@example.com>
- Organization: AVCI
- References: <CAPuS6dwrSdSk+eO=xpScz8UQr7SJVWTm2CHE_W8WFY7PpTisfQ@mail.gmail.com> <57EE44B3.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Am Fri, 30 Sep 2016 12:55:47 +0200
schrieb Michael Ströder <email@example.com>:
> Sreekanth Sukumaran wrote:
> > Sorry, I missed to add subject in the last mail. Resending with
> > subject. sorry about spamming the group
> > Hi All,
> > OpenLDAP version : 2.4.39 on windows
> > Tool used : Microsoft Attack surface analyzer
> > We have been doing attack surface analysis on OpenLDAP server, and
> > we have found that there is an UDP port 63515 associated with
> > OpenLDAP server. (state shows "Unknown", not listening or
> > established)
> > Inline image 1
> > We have not connected any clients to OpenLDAP server, so we cannot
> > think of it as an ephemeral port at server end as well.
> > Has anyone an idea on what this port could be for. Inputs are much
> > appreciated.
> I really wonder what OpenLDAP builds you're running?!?
> Personally I never saw an OpenLDAP server listening on 63515/udp.
Probabely Samba with CLDAP and a strange port?
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
GPG Key ID:DA147B05