Re: How to move from hdb to mdb

Thank you Dan.
I tried to do that but it took me like forever. I am using Apache Directory Studio and doing modifications from this tool really gave big headaches.
Is there a better tool to manage both config and the databases?

Στις Πέμ, 22 Σεπ 2016 στις 4:21 π.μ., ο/η Dan White <dwhite@cafedemocracy.org> έγραψε:
On 09/20/16 12:40 +0000, Nikolas Stylianides wrote:
>Hi there.
>Is there a howto move from hdb to mdb?
>
>What we need to do is to transfer our directory from hdb to the mdb.
>Is there a book to learn about openldap? With the new OLC way of doing
>things?
>
>Can i have hdb and mdb running at the same time?
>
>Currently I have done the following:
>1. Load the Module back_mdb
>2. Created a OlcBackend
>3. Created a OlcDatabase

See http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/ and slapcat(8), slapadd(8),
slapd-mdb(5), and slapd-config.

Consider converting in two steps - converting your database to mdb first,
then converting to slapd-config.
--
Δρ. Νικόλας Στυλιανίδης
Ηλεκτρολόγος Μηχανικός και Μηχ. Υπολογιστών

Nikolas Stylianides, Dr.

Dr. Eng. in Electrical & Computer Engineering

Contacts
Mobile Tel.: +35796741315
Email: nstylianides@leafnet.com.cynstylianides@gmail.com
Skype: nicostyl

Affilication
LEAF NET LTD: Research & Development
Open University of Cyprus: Research Associate, APPLIED HEALTH INFORMATICS Master Programme Academic Board Member

Tο λακωνίζειν εστί φιλοσοφείν / Μηδέν Άγαν - Χίλων ο Λακεδαιμόνιος:
Brevity is the soul of wit - Shakespeare William (Hamlet)