Re: Creating suffix aliases with OpenLDAP

Hello Ryan,

Am Freitag, 16. September 2016 06:14 CEST, Ryan Tandy <ryan@nardis.ca> schrieb:

> This is ITS#8284. Fixed in OpenLDAP 2.4.43.

Yes, I found this by comparing my current git against the Debian sources.
Looks like I need to backport that (trivial) fix. Too bad, I hate local patches.

> The following config seems to work for me:
>
> dn: olcDatabase={1}mdb,cn=config
> objectClass: olcMdbConfig
> olcSuffix: o=ACME Corp
> olcDbDirectory: data
>
> dn: olcDatabase={2}relay,cn=config
> objectClass: olcRelayConfig
> olcSuffix: o=Foobar Conglomerate
> olcRelay: o=ACME Corp
>
> dn: olcOverlay=rwm,olcDatabase={2}relay,cn=config
> objectClass: olcRwmConfig
> olcRwmRewrite: rwm-suffixmassage "o=ACME Corp"

Thanks, yes that works in the curren version but not in Debian's version.
BTW, that little snippet would be very useful in the manpage.

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes