Re: Creating suffix aliases with OpenLDAP

Am Donnerstag, 15. September 2016 15:38 CEST, Dieter Klünter <dieter@dkluenter.de> schrieb:

> > O.k. enough ranting and on with configuration.
>
> That's why i still use slapd.conf for intial setup, and after final
> configuration transform slapd.conf into config database.
> slaptest -f /path/to/file -F path/to/directory, directory is most
> likely /etc/openldap/slapd.d

Yes, but as both a developer and administrator I feel humiliated
beeing forced to such quirks :-)

And I this case I need to modify an existing/runing server (which, let's
not forget is the whole point of an online configuration).

So, fornow, I'm stuck with a configured realy database or which I can't
configure the relay (server log complains about
"RESULT tag=103 err=19 text=<olcRelay> extra cruft after <relay>"
Which is, if I might say, not the most revealing error message ....

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes