Re: Using LMDB safely with fork() and exec()

On 7 September 2016 at 10:49, Hallvard Breien Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no> wrote:
On 31. aug. 2016 10:06, Hallvard Breien Furuseth wrote:
I've cleaned up some old tweaks of mine which, er, I still haven't
checked properly on non-Linux.  Might be easier to start there:
Branch "mdb/fopen" in repo <git://git.uio.no/u/hbf/openldap.git>.

Updated the branch.

Sorry for the long silence, I have the sign-off that I can contribute the patches, but now I'm waiting on legal to approve the legalese.

That said, I had a look at your branch yestderday, it's pretty much what I have as well. Main difference is that I do not touch the utf8 conversion stuff, and the enum I added describes the desired properties of the file (R / W / DIRECT) rather than the use case. I think I like your approach with MDB_O_COPY, etc. better.

Would it make sense to split the main commit into two for fname and fopen changes? Also, I find the flags = which == MDB_O_* rather hard to follow. Maybe that is better as a switch?

Lorenz