Re: contextCSN attribute update on replication

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:
Óscar Remírez de Ganuza Satrústegui wrote:
> * We have adapted our nagios script so that it now checks both contextCSN
> and last modified entry's entryCSN values in order to know if slave
> replication is working ok.

How do you determine the "last modified entry's entryCSN values"?

We are using auditlog overlay [1], so we check that log to find the last entryCSN written on the database.
Not very efficient, so we just check it when contextCSN attributes on master and slave are not equal.

Regards,

[1] http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapo-auditlog

Oscar Remírez de Ganuza Satrústegui

IT Services