replicator account password encrypted and entries are hidden in ldap viewer

We succesfully installed openldap with:

-       Replication

-       Password policy

After applying config policy with olcPPolicyHashCleartext: TRUE the password the replicator user password gets encrypted with ssha.

Although, according to what I’ve read, the password with simple bind should not be encrypted, it seems that replication still is functioning.

Questions:

Can anybody tell me if should be expected to cause a problem?

How do you handle the replication user and password in regards to encrypted passwords?

Second problem we are facing is that the replication OU and underlaying account are not visible anymore. With slapcat the OU is still visible in the LDIF file, but not in the LDAP viewer.

If I’m not mistaken, the record is of the type GLUE, which might indicate that it is not properly replicated and therefore not visible?

Question:

Does anybody know what can be the problem here?

Or how to solve this without reinstalling OpenLDAP with a clean database?

Thanks in advance, Peter Kruger