Re: openldap client cert validation

> On Aug 06, 2016, at 12.14, Matwey V. Kornilov <matwey.kornilov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> After inspecting source code I've just found that TLS_KEY and TLS_CERT
> are ignored if located in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf.
> Why does it not written in man ldap.conf(5) explicitly?

from ldap.conf(5):

TLS_CERT <filename>
	Specifies the file that contains the client  certificate.
	This is a user-only option.

TLS_KEY <filename>
	Specifies the file that contains  the  private  key  that
	matches  the  certificate  stored  in  the  TLS_CERT file.
	Currently, the private key must not be protected  with  a
	password,  so  it  is of critical importance that the key
	file is protected carefully.
	This is a user-only option.

both settings clearly state "This is a user-only option"