Re: How do I allow root to edit mdb database?

Am Tue, 2 Aug 2016 00:37:58 -0400
schrieb John Lewis <oflameo2@gmail.com>:

> How do I allow root aka
> dn.exact=gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external to edit
> olcDatabase={1}mdb,cn=config. I am trying to configure ldapscripts
> <https://packages.debian.org/jessie/ldapscripts>, but the idea of
> having a password in the clear is just disturbing.

There is no password involved, if handled this correctly. The idea is
that posix account of root is bound to uid number 0 and group id number
0. While  data transport is done over ldapi (IPC) and a SASL EXTERNAL
Mechanism is called, ipc function provides permission information to the
operation. This permission id is mapped onto rootdn of cn=config.
[...]

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung