Re: openldap 2.4.44 + ITS 8432 patch still infinitely replicates

--On Friday, July 29, 2016 12:45 AM +0100 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Paul B. Henson wrote:
From: Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2016 10:40 AM

Also see ITS 8448.

Ah, thanks much for the heads up on these additional issues. Perhaps it
would be safest for me to stick with 2.4.41 until a 2.4.45 is officially
released with fixes for both the replication loop and possible fallout
from its fix :). We've been pretty lucky with 2.4.41, knock on bits,
it's been very stable with no issues or problems that I've seen while
we've been running it.

The bug noted in ITS#8460 is not present in 2.4 at all. Quanah is also
running experimental backports of features from 2.5 and forgets to
mention that sometimes. This particular issue is from 2.5 (and is now
fixed in git).
Most likely it's the same issue as #8448. You can disregard both of these.

Same as ITS8462 as well. So all 3 of those are off the table. Other than those, I haven't had problems with 2.4.44 + ITS8432. ;)

Platform Architect
Manager, Systems Team
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc