From: Aaron Richton <richton@nbcs.rutgers.edu>
To: scn_73@yahoo.com
Cc: "openldap-technical@openldap.org" <openldap-technical@openldap.org>
Sent: Thursday, 7 July 2016, 23:08
Subject: Re: ContextCSN showing Junk Characters

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016, scn_73@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My ldapmaster ContextCSN showing Junk Characters. Please advice how can reset to valid one.
>
> contextCSN:: 0CKRuTQrAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
>
> CentOS 5.8
> Openldap Version is OpenLDAP: slapd 2.3.43

Perhaps some unfortunate corruption bug, but seeing as OpenLDAP 2.3.43 was
released 2008/07/16 there's a good chance you can get the appropriate bug
fix just by upgrading. Somebody else has probably already contributed the
hard work in the past eight years.

So upgrade to the latest version of OpenLDAP from www.openldap.org, and
then any write to the database should write a fresh contextCSN...