Re: How does a client changes from provider to consumer when provider is down

Today at 11:20am, Kaveh Ehsani wrote:

I have setup a provider/replicator(consumer) with a client and all functioning well. Except when I switch off the provider, the client does not read from the consumer. Of course I have not told the client to do so any where, not sure where to do this. I can set it up manually but there has to be a way for a switch to take place automatically. Thanks, for all the feedbacks.

If your client allows you to define multiple ldap servers, you can do that. Most people create a service IP address and use a load balancer, so the client always goes to the service IP, which the load balancer passes off to either the provider or replicator.