Re: RHEL7 issues maybe???

Today at 7:15am, Mark Cairney wrote:

Another gotcha is w.r.t. rate limiting as both journald and rsyslog
implement this independently of one another. Disabling this completely
can make the bottleneck mentioned above even more apparent! Setting your
OpenLDAP logging level appropriately can mitigate this (I log at Stats+
Sync)

I am also running with

loglevel stats sync

and my servers are busy enough that journald misses a lot of the messages even with ryslogd's rate limiting turned off. Since Red Hat's advice is to *not* remove the rate limiting in journald, I've not found a sweet spot yet where the sync logging does not get limited when the empty consumer is drinking from the fire hose. ... any experience you can help me with would be greatly appreciated.