Invalid DN

Hi all,

I know this has probably been answered but please bear with me.

I have been hitting a wall for about a week messing with this and cannot seem to find the answer Googling all this time.

I have followed several online set guides and even gone through the setup slowly at least a dozen times.

I am using Cent 7.  OpenLDAP 2.4.40.

I can anonymously browse and retrieve DN for my group and two users and do the same with the ldap dn.base user.

I have played around with the acl but keep messing it up.
It's a vm so I revert back to a clean state after getting lost in the weeds.

I keep getting "Error:ldap_bind: Invalid DN syntax (34)" for the users I have added. If I change to the correct DN I get incorrect password.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

fastpackets