Re: openLDAP multi-master replication

Hello,

After the configurations are done when put ldap1 server down, I try to add a user in ldap2 server and says database not found, and when the ldap1 is up and ldap2 is down it works.

According to the concept if add to ldap2 a user if the ldap1 is down it should add that user, then it should see if the databases are matching, unfortunately that doesn't happen.

The weird part if I do ldapsearch in the ldap2 server if the ldap1 is down, it responds properly it shows all users and groups created.

From this point, I think that is master-slave and not master-master, but I followed the tutorials and guides provided in the openLDAP website and several others, all the config are done accordingly.

Right now, I don't now where to turn.

All the help is appreciated.

Am Mon, 27 Jun 2016 11:15:14 +0100
schrieb Boris Servo <bgvservo@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to do openLDAP multi-master replication in centOS version
> 6.8 and openLDAP 2.4.40.
>
> So the openLDAP config is straight forward, the replication is the
> one that I am having some issues.

Could you describe your issues?
[...]

-Dieter