Re: MDB data replication issues

On 27Jun16 11:32+0000, Gurjot Kaur wrote:
> When an LDIF entry is imported using slapadd, it doesn't get replicated in the replica server at all.
> Below is the ldapsearch result om Master server:

Do you use slapadd while slapd is running?

IIRC, slapadd is just for one thing: restore backup. For that reason,
the DB is offline (slapd not running). After successful restore, I start
slapd and syncrepl works as expected.

If you use slapadd on an online DB, I could imagine that the
syncrepl-overlay does not realize that there is a new entry and thus it
does not replicate it.

For daily-business modifications to the LDAP DB I always use ldap*
commands.

Cheers,
--
Bastian Tweddell               Juelich Supercomputing Centre
phone: +49 (2461) 61-6586          HPC in Neuroscience