Schema's not importing correctly?

Per the quickstart guide, I am trying to import an ldif file with the following:

dn: dc=example,dc=com
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: Example Company
dc: example

dn: cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

However, I receive errors indicating something is wrong about the object class. So I tried the first two lines only, and receive:

ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
        additional info: no structural object class provided

The common error faq indicates this is because my objectclass is not valid. Since this is the quickstart guide, and dcObject comes from core.schema (which is included by default), what the hell is going on? My best guess is that the schema is not being correctly imported, but I'm not sure why.