Re: openldap 2.4.44 - delta-syncrepl fails on auditContext

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 at 3:36pm, Frank Swasey wrote:

I do make some modifications to the codebase, but have never [changed auditContext from being DSA]. I'll double check the patch decks to make sure something did not match and mess that attribute up unintentionally.

I have confirmed that my code modifications have not changed the auditContext attribute's definition, it is still "Usage directoryOperation".

To further complicate the matter, I have pointed my delta-syncrepl slave consumer at a different MMR configured master and it replicates from empty just fine. That second MMR configured master is actually a VMware clone of the one of the two test MMR systems and is identical in all respects except the slapd configuration (it is paired with my current non-MMR production master). This leads me to believe it is either something I've managed to mess up in the configuration of the testing MMR pair, or it is because the base dn in the testing MMR pair has multiple contextCSN values (for serverid's 0, 1, and 2) and (so far) the production setup still has a single contextCSN value.

So, let me back up a few feet and make sure I am not setting myself up for ultimate failure when I complete the migration of my production environment to a full MMR master pair with delta-syncrepl slaves.

My plan is that I will have two systems which are configured as MMR, so that should a datacenter fail, I can (manually) fail-over the service ip address to the surviving datacenter and continue operation with LDAP updates. I also will have six read-only delta-syncrepl slaves to carry the workload of approximately 20 million queries per day.

I did not think that using MMR for the master server would preclude having delta-syncrepl slaves, and I find no discussion in my googling to indicate either way.

Have I made a bad design?