Maximum number of uniqueMembers

Hi all,

is there a limit for the number of attributes for entries? Specifically, I want to have 500,000 uniqueMembers for a group entry, but I cannot add more than 359,000. When I try to add 360,000 or more, I get:

"ldapadd: update failed ... ldap_add: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)"

The group entry look like this:

dn: cn=biggroup,ou=groups,dc=test,dc=com
objectClass:top
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
cn: Ah, big group
uniqueMember: uid=user1,ou=users,dc=test,dc=com
uniqueMember: uid=user2,ou=users,dc=test,dc=com
uniqueMember: uid=user359000,ou=users,dc=test,dc=com

I have 1 million users in ou=users,dc=test,dc=com (so I haven't run into a limit here).

I am on 2.4.41, LMDB with 4G maxsize (RHEL 5.10; 2.6.39). I have no limits set in slapd.conf.

Another, related issue:

If I add 359k members to a group, and then I try to modify the group to add another member, ldapadd hangs. When I trace it, all I can see is continual ldap_result calls, that is, the client is waiting for the update operation to end on the server, and slapd is using nearly 100% of CPU.

If I restart the server, I can add one member, but I cannot add say a hundred thousand more.

Any hint is appreciated.

Regards,

tamas

<tel:+36%2030%202100%20873>