Re: memberOf group searches very slow

Jason Whitener wrote:
We have some groups that contain over 250,000 members.

Are there any general tips for improving performance when applications/code
attempts to lookup memberOf values in the ldap?

For example, I have something like ou=SomeGroup,ou=Groups,o=ourOrg.

ou=SomeGroup has over 250,000 memberOf: values.   Attempting to modify,
search, insert, etc.. into that memberOf multivalue field takes over 20
seconds per user.

That sounds a bit odd. Groups should have member attributes, not memberOf.

You should consider using the sortvals config directive in slapd.

--
  -- Howard Chu