Re: problems connecting to ldaps:// under high load with ppc64 client

--On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:13 PM +0200 Matthias Leopold <matthias.leopold@meduniwien.ac.at> wrote:

my server (RHEL 7 on a ppc64 LPAR) is using the openldap
clients/libraries. the high load that is causing the problems is on _my_
server. is there any specific tuning (besides increasing RAM/CPU) i can
do to optimize ldaps client queries? i'm thinking of tuning the tcp stack
or something similar, but i'm not an expert on this. where can i look for
debug info? i have strace and tcpdump output

Are you using the client libraries shipped by RHEL? If so, I would note they link to MozNSS rather than OpenSSL, and this is not supported by the OpenLDAP project. I would strongly advise avoiding the RHEL built client libraries entirely, and use sane packages linked to OpenSSL.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc