Re: ACLs: restrict by IP and user

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016, Janne Peltonen wrote:

Looking at the code, my version of back-meta doesn't know anything about acl-bind (back-ldap does). It does know about acl-authcdn and acl-passwd, though. From back-meta/config.c:

--clip--
               case LDAP_BACK_CFG_ACL_AUTHCDN:
               case LDAP_BACK_CFG_ACL_PASSWD:
                       /* FIXME no point here, there is no code implementing
                        * their features. Was this supposed to implement
                        * acl-bind like back-ldap?
                        */
                       rc = 1;
                       break;
--clip--

So, um. Maybe I'll have a look at the latest 2.4 code next. Thanks for the
reply.

Hmm, no, the latest RE24 checkout from git has that too. Looks like back-meta isn't quite there yet.

Now, if your only goal is multiple backend servers, do note that back-ldap supports multiple URIs for this scenario?